Herbert Gold Project
The Herbert Gold project is an exploration stage, partially drill-tested, high-grade, gold mineralized mesothermal quartz vein system in the historic Juneau Gold Belt of southeast Alaska. Consisting of 91 unpatented lode claims located 25 km north of Juneau and to the south of Couer Alaska's profitable Kensington gold mine. The property covers six parallel vein structures exposed at surface.
On May 12, 2021, the company announced an updated Mineral Resource estimate using a base case mineral resource cut-off grade of 3.00 grams per tonne gold (gpt Au) capped at 125 gpt and consists of:
- An Indicated Resource of 1,196,800 ounces of gold at an average grade of 10.23 gpt Au in 3,637,000 tonnes.
- An Inferred Resource of 325,900 ounces of gold at an average grade of 8.91 gpt Au in 1,138,000 tonnes.
- An Indicated Resource of 686,700 ounces of silver at an average of 5.87 gpt Ag in 3,637,000 tonnes.
- An Inferred Resource of 169,300 ounces of silver at an average grade of 4.63 gpt Ag in 1,138,000 tonnes.
- Gold & Silver Resources at the Herbert property remain open at depth and along strike.
Additional key facts and information about our Herbert Gold Property include:
- Grande Portage (GPG) has earned a 100% interest in the Herbert Gold Property.
- The property is located 30 km north of Juneau, Alaska, and lies within the 160-km long Juneau gold belt, which has produced nearly seven million ounces of gold.
- GPG has already identified 6 or more promising gold-producing main composite vein-fault structures containing ribbon structure quartz-sulfides on the property.
- Herbert Gold is one of Alaska's most promising districts and has remained remarkably underexplored until now.
- Previous company drilling has yielded numerous multi-ounce gold intercepts.
- 3rd year of baseline environmental water studies completed.
- 2021 plans include the commencement of diamond drilling from up to seven platforms designed to test and expand mineralization on multiple veins (Approx. 25 holes across 8,000m)
In 2020, the Company drilled 8400 meters with two drill rigs and completed 22 holes into the North vein, Goat, Sleeping Giant, Ridge, Main, Deep Trench, Floyd and Elusive veins and numerous subsidiary veins and structures in between.The Goat vein was extended to the east for more than 150 m in near surface drilling and is still open. Three intersections 100 m or more below surface intersected excellent grades up to 80 m east of the established resourceThe Ridge vein had at least five intersections with the best grades returned 200 m below its surface outcrop.The Main Vein had fourteen intercepts with results ranging up to 18.67 g/t Au over 2.63 m in 20T-8.The Deep Trench vein was tested by seven drill holes, extending mineralization 100 m farther to the east within 100 m of surface and to depths of 500 m below surface peripheral to the established resource
Highlights from the 2020 program include:Deep Trench Vein
15.27m of 37.07 g/t gold
8.08 m of 59.91 g/t gold
11.58m of 28.41 g/t gold
3.05m of 72.3 g/t gold & 96.9 g/t silver
3.04m of 1,328 g/t silver and 3.42 g/t gold including .93m of 4,010 g/t silver, 7.75 g/t gold
6.46 m of 21.55 g/t gold
Goat Creek vein9.08m of 30.24 g/t gold
2.81m of 15.76 g/t gold
For more information on the latest drill results, visit the Company’s news release page
In 2010, GPG completed detailed geologic mappings and analysis of aerial photographs over the southern two-thirds of this mineral rich property. Preliminary geologic studies and diamond core drilling identified major elements of an impressive complex Mesothermal gold-quartz system with numerous targets. In 2011, the Company drilled 30 holes from eight platforms. The results were most encouraging with numerous multi-ounce gold assays returned from multiple veins. (please see the Company's news releases for more information).