The Herbert Gold project is an exploration stage, partially drill-tested, high-grade, gold mineralized mesothermal quartz vein system in the historic Juneau Gold Belt of southeast Alaska. Consisting of 91 unpatented lode claims located 25 km north of Juneau and to the south of Couer Alaska's profitable Kensington gold mine. The property covers six parallel vein structures exposed at surface.
Key facts and information about our Herbert Gold Property include:
- May 7th, 2019 the Company announced new independent Mineral Resource estimate using a base case mineral resources cut-off grade of 2.50 grams per tonne gold (g/t Au) and consists of:
- An indicated resource of 606,500 ounces of gold at an average grade of 10.03 g/t Au (1,880,500 tonnes); and
- An inferred resource of 251,700 ounces of gold at an average grade of 14.15 g/t Au (553,429 tonnes)
- The system is open to length and depth
- Grande Portage (GPG) has earned a 100% interest in the Herbert Gold Property.
- The property is located 30 km north of Juneau, Alaska, and lies within the 160-km long Juneau gold belt, which has produced nearly seven million ounces of gold.
- GPG has already identified 6 or more promising gold-producing main composite vein-fault structures containing ribbon structure quartz-sulfides on the property.
- Herbert Gold is one of Alaska's most promising districts and has remained remarkably underexplored until now.
- Previous Company drilling has yielded numerous multi-ounce gold intercepts.
- 3rd year of baseline environmental water studies completed.
In 2020, the Company drilled 8375 meters with two drill rigs and completed 21 holes into the North vein, Goat, Sleeping Giant, Ridge, Main, Deep Trench, Floyd and Elusive veins and numerous subsidiary veins and structures in between.
Highlights from this program include:
2.71 Metres Grading 52.34 g/t gold -Main Vein, Goat Vein and the Ridge Vein.
1.46 Metres Grading 23.80 g/t gold-Ridge Vein
1.62 metes grading 15.27 g/t gold-Goat Vein
2.38 Metres grading 11.47 g/t gold-Main Vein
3.74 Metres grading 10.53 g/t gold -Goat Vein
1.46 Metres grading 43.03 g/t gold- Ridge Vein
2.63 Metres grading 18.67 g/t gold -Main Vein
3.22 Metres grading 20.70 g/t gold -Sleeping Giant
Additional sample results are expected to be received throughout November, December and into January 2021. Assay processing from the lab has been especially slow this year due to Covid-19 related protocols. Samples taken for assay are split from the core with a diamond saw with one half being sent to Bureau Veritas Labs, Richmond, B.C., an independent lab from the Company.
For more information on latest drill results, visit the Company’s news release page
In 2010, GPG completed detailed geologic mappings and analysis of aerial photographs over the southern two-thirds of this mineral rich property. Preliminary geologic studies and diamond core drilling identified major elements of an impressive complex Mesothermal gold-quartz system with numerous targets. In 2011, the Company drilled 30 holes from eight platforms. The results were most encouraging with numerous multi-ounce gold assays returned from multiple veins. (please see the Company's news releases for more information).